Designed by renowned Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, 461 Fifth Avenue is an architecturally-distinct boutique office building set in a premiere Fifth Avenue location. The building’s prestigious tenant roster is drawn by boutique full floor identity, column-free tower floors, highly efficient side-core floor plates, the highest-standard pre-built suites and extensive, white-glove services and on-site amenities.
A soaring new marble and stone entrance plaza makes a powerful statement day or night, with dramatic lighting and signature artwork. The new expansive marble and wood lobby, and all new elevators, enhance the efficiency and the welcoming experience for all tenants and their guests.
Located on Fifth Avenue directly across from the New York Public Library and overlooking Bryant Park, 461 Fifth Avenue enjoys immediate proximity to Grand Central Terminal and is a short walk to Penn Station. Bryant Park is directly at its doorstep, giving tenants easy access to the pleasures of the park and year-round event programming and Fifth Avenue’s restaurant and retailer offerings are some of the finest in the city.
Alice & Olivia, SoulCycle and Equinox are just a few of 461 Fifth’s newest retail neighbors, joining Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, Brooks Brothers and others, in providing a wide range of conveniences and shopping options nearby 461 Fifth Avenue. And extensive dining choices range from the trendiest health food and quick bites places to the upscale STK, Bryant Park Grill and Sushi Ginza Onodera, located on the ground floor of 461 Fifth Avenue.
The Princeton, Yale and Harvard Clubs are all nearby, and immediate 4-star-plus hotel accommodations include The Archer, Library, Bryant Park and Hotel Sofitel.
- Landlord: SL Green Realty Corp.
- Location: Northeast corner of Fifth Avenue and 40th Street
- Year Built: 1988 | Renovated 2018
- Architect: Skidmore Owings & Merrill
- Building Size: 210,000 RSF
- Building Height: Twenty-six (26) Floors plus basement and sub-basement
- Floor Layout: Center Core
- Floor Sizes: 7,000 - 11,000 RSF
- Floor Load: 50 lbs. per square feet
- Typical Slab Height: 12’6”
- Column free on tower floors
- Only four (4) columns on base floors
- Elevators: Eight (8) elevators:
- Three (3) elevators server floors 3-9
- Two (2) elevators serve floors 10-26
- Two (2) elevators serve floors 10-25 (includes Freight car)
- One (1) elevator serves lobby - sub basement (Hydraulic car)
- HVAC/Supplemental Heat Pump Units Cooling: The building features closed two-pipe, water-source heat pump units. There is a heat pump in each perimeter office with individual control; one (1) interior zone.
- Electric: The building features two (2) 6,000 amp services at 120/208 volts. Each office floor is provided with a direct meter to Con Edison.
- Life/Safety: Addressable, Class E System
- System Security/Access: The lobby is attended 24/7 and security features include an advanced CCTV security system.
- Verizon, Spectrum, Crown Castle/Lightower, Zayo Group, and Level 3.
- DAS for enhanced cell phone service
- Wired Certified Gold
- Close proximity to Grand Central Terminal, the Port Authority Bus Terminal and Penn Station.
- Subway Lines: 4, 5, 6, 7, S
- Rail: Metro-North Railroad and LIRR